Saturday, January 20, 2007

Elliot

I have adopted a house plant, a woebegone palm tree of unknown variety. I found him whilst clearing out our hallway in the wake of former occupants. He's obviously been neglected for some time, but after adding new soil and fertilizer, washing down his leaves, and moving him into the lounge for better light, I think I've given him a fighting chance. I've named him Elliot, in memory of my family's Christmas houseguest, a rather spoilt schefflera belonging to one of my sister's university friends.

Jules asked for a picture:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Post a picture of Elliot--he sounds very cute. :-D

Anonymous said...

I don't think that's a palm tree. It looks like a cornplant--like that an enormous one that I loved and that we kept in the dining room for eight or nine years. Anyway, he looks very cute. :-)

Sam Allberry said...

Mmmmm. Tree...