Saturday, July 07, 2007

Summer in Virginia

I've been back in the States for about a week and a half now. Feels like a long time, but not much has happened. Work has settled into a daily routine. I'm doing some summer research and writing for a professor at my undergraduate university. It's going well, I think, but slowly. Right now I'm editing a policy brief on using economics experiments to evaluate tort reform proposals.
Random fact: I've worked out that the Mozart Requiem is exactly the length of my commute -- if I start listening to it as I leave the house, it will finish just before I drive down our street in the evening.

I haven't been very well lately, but it's been good to have time with my family. Last night I watched "Oceans 12" with my sisters and played Boggle with my mum. Today I joined my dad for some errands and a late afternoon swim. I've also been enjoying playing the piano again.

2 comments:

Sam Allberry said...

Verdict on Ocean's 12?

Laura said...

Not nearly as good as Ocean's 11 -- the plot was weak and fragmented -- but 13 was good fun!