Ran across an intriguing John Piper quote today:
“If you live gladly to make others glad in God, your life will be hard, your risks will be high, and your joy will be full.”
So what does it mean to make others glad in God? Evangelism can't be the whole picture. Piper could so easily have said that if he'd wanted to. Seems to be something more wholelistic...
2 comments:
Thanks for posting this! I agree, it's intriguing. I'm going to think on it today.
I guess it means what he talks about in Desiring God (which can be found online, though not the most recent version) - that, since God is the best thing there is in the universe, he should be the thing that makes us happy. And so it should also make us happy to help others to find their delight in God. (I think that's sort of what he said, only in my word. His probably make more sense)
Post a Comment