Today marks the commemoration of the Battle of Agincourt. My concession to the great event was to download Patrick Doyle's "Non Nobis Domine" from iTunes. I wasn't terribly impressed with Kenneth Branagh's Henry V, but that song alone made the film worth watching.
It seems appropriate that Joe Martin's reading group should start up again on St. Crispin's Day. We talked about David Field's paper "Not the Least Lash Lost," which makes a brilliant case for the eternal significance of everything Christians do. Evangelism is not the only thing that lasts. As usual, we talked earnestly and laughed much.
3 comments:
Aw, you didn't care for Branagh's _Henry V_? I've always been particularly fond of it. I was disappointed to read Shakespeare's text and discover he wasn't quite that wonderful in the play, and more disappointed to read history and discover he was worse yet...
I wish I could have been with the reading group! Will you be reading mainly "Not the Least Lash Lost"?
No -- we'll be mainly reading "Seeing Through Cynicism" by Dick Keyes of Massachusetts L'Abri. While waiting for copies to arrive from the States, though, we're discussing a number of short articles.
Post a Comment