Kari, whose blog I've been enjoying for some time, has the tradition of posting at the end of every month a list of good things that happened that month, at least one for every day. I thought it would be fun to give that a try.
1 - Went to see Jersey Boys with Rachel -- a blast.
2 - Today I discovered four zuchinis on my zuchini plants, each about 4 inches long. They'd been hiding under the leaves.
3 - The Presidents' Banquet
4 - The Railway Children at Waterloo Station with Anthony and Rachel and Anthony's parents
5 - I felt sad and homesick today and Anthony cheered me up. Also Helen came round in the evening and we had a nice long chat that lasted until well after midnight. Good thing she was staying over!
6 - Anthony and I drew up a monthly budget. Not exactly fun, but good. Like eating spinach.
7 - Long walk on the Heath this afternoon by myself. Time to ponder, breathe deeply, and enjoy the flowers.
8 - Today I wrote the long abstract for my D.Phil. (Who ever heard of a 2500-word abstract?) This was the remaining part of project I was most dreading, and it felt great to have it behind me.
9 - I harvested the first zuchini from the garden and used it on a delicious vegetarian pizza. Also discovered that zuchinis are nice to eat raw.
10 - Restful Saturday. Watched Forrest Gump with Anthony.
11 - Restful Sunday. The weather was beautiful, so Anthony and I walked to Kenwood Park.
12 - Had a really productive day chasing up thesis references at the British Library
13 - Really struggled to work today -- my head ached and the words just wouldn't come. Spent the evening recovering with Yes, Minister.
14 - Our first organic vegetable box came today!
15 - We ate the first blueberries from our own blueberry bushes.
16 - I blitzed my thesis -- made a list of everything that really needed to be done and did it.
17 - Anthony finished his corporate finance course. I don't know how he does it -- 11-hour working days and a part-time master's on the side. I am very proud of him.
18 - Finished a job application. Anthony formatted my thesis.
19 - Submitted my D.Phil.!!!
20 - Enjoyed one of the nicest summer desserts ever -- frozen yogurt topped with our own blueberries.
21 - Made cookies for Anthony. With all the D.Phil. drama, it had been several weeks since he'd had any.
22 - Cleaned the kitchen. Thoroughly. Not fun, but very satisfying.
23 - Productive day of research on my next project -- the economics of eminent domain.
24 - Anthony and I began reviewing our Latin together.
25 - Cream tea with people from church.
26 - Got the idea for how to design an experimental study on eminent domain.
27 - Made souffle for the first time.
28 - Agreed to a new (paid!) research project on the origins of the Fatal Accidents Act of 1846. It's really nice to be earning again!
29 - Got tickets for The Nutcracker in December -- I've never seen a ballet before. And it didn't blow the new budget!
30 - Made souffle for the second time because Anthony liked it so much. Vanilla almond this time.
31 - Watched Good Will Hunting. Great film. It reminded me a little of The Dead Poets Society. I think it was the combination of Robin Williams as life-changing teacher/father figure and longish floppy hairstyles from both Robert Sean Leonard and Matt Damon. Thanks to Emily and Rachel for the recommendation.
August here we come!
4 comments:
that's cool. how did you remember what days stuff happened on? The Nutcracker sounds cool. Is that in the UK or US? Glad you liked Good Will Hunting. It's sooo good.
We should talk on skype soon!
ahhhhhh good will hunting. love it so much. forrest gump is wonderful too. you watch good movies.
I worked on the post in draft throughout the month, updating it every few days. Fell out of the habit near the end, though, and really struggled to remember something from each day... The Nutcracker will be in London.
i agree about the budget thing...it's totally like eating spinach!! great job with your good things! i've been out of it the past month, but i'm going to try again in august!
also, i loved that you made souffle...twice!! definitely an inspiration to me! glad you linked up to kari's!
Post a Comment