Friday, October 21, 2011

A new friend

Last Friday, Anthony said he had a surprise for me. On Saturday, I had to go to a law training day in central London. I didn't get home until the late afternoon. Look who was waiting for me when I opened the door:


Various names were proposed, but we finally settled on Tumnus, because of his faun-like expression. He looked so pleased when I suggested it, that I knew at once I'd hit upon the right name.

Tumnus quickly became fast friends with Jack and Charles:


He also revealed his flair for fashion:


I've been ill with a nasty cold for most of this week, but Tumnus kept me company at home. He kept peering over my shoulder trying to see what I was studying:


Of course, having a giraffe about the house is not without its perils. It didn't take him very long to discover the avocado trees!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

that's pretty good. i like the one of him in the hat.

you guys now have three large stuffed animals to add to the million plants.

Looking forward to seeing you in a bit more than a week!

Sweet Baby James said...

bahaha, so cute.

Paula said...

Very cute, a real fashionista!

EmilyI said...

wow, a lot has happened recently and i've been terrible about reading and commenting. but i'm back now and all caught up with your recent posts.

you should consider opening a zoo. or a jungle. or something that features lots of plants and animals.