Thursday, May 24, 2007

Oxford Moment

Today one of Joe's reading groups met at Bethany. We made iced tea and settled under a maple tree in the garden to discuss our new book, Four Cultures of the West - an intriguing analysis of Western history through the contributions of prophets, academics, statesmen, and artists.

Later on, Joe's daughter Joy invited us to have tea with her family. It was rather idyllic -- sitting in an English garden, eating strawberries and homemade scones with clotted cream, and chatting about potential leavers' pranks for Jake's last day of school. More book discussion followed.

When I got back to Oxford the sun was turning the buildings that golden colour I love so much. I printed off my transfer paper in College and wandered homeward for an evening of P.G. Wodehouse. I'm still getting headaches, but they've been a bit milder this week. I am happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm very glad you're happy. :-)