The last week has been, well, a bit mad. It feels like I've been constantly in motion.
Since last Friday I have:
-- travelled from England to Virginia by way of Frankfurt, Germany
(door-to-door travel time: 18 hours, 5 minutes)
-- visited Sirius in Williamsburg
-- written, set, and marked a final exam for 28 students
-- spent a day coding in Second Life
-- and picked up a very nasty headcold, no doubt my body's revenge for all the mileage
After all that, it's wonderful just to sit still, in silence, and read a book for my own pleasure. Or work on beaded Christmas ornaments in the kitchen, over a steady flow of family banter. Or puzzle over the 2000-piece Neuschwanstein jigsaw taking shape on our dining room table. Or make mince pies. Tomorrow I'm leading an expedition to the largest secondhand bookshop on the East Coast, south of New York City. Maybe we'll even find time to go ice skating, if my cold is better.
1 comment:
Second life? You know, some lady was making the equivalent of US $100,000 a year off selling "real estate" there....
Post a Comment