Today I represented Brasenose in the first round of the Oxford intercollegiate croquet tournament: Brasenose 2nd team against Harris Manchester 1st. Absolutely brilliant fun! We had perfect weather, valuable coaching from our two Brasenose captains, and a strong sense of team solidarity.
A croquet team consists of four players, divided into two pairs. Each pair plays one match and the scores are added together. The team with the higher score then advances to the next round. Ours was a timed game, and we finished one point down, but hopefully the other pair will make up for that tomorrow.
I've discovered that croquet is wonderfully relaxing, even therapeutic. For those two hours I completely forgot the responsibilities and pressures of ordinary life. I'd been battling a headache for the last two days, but in the course of the match, it disappeared. So much better than spending the afternoon in the library!
Go Brasenose 2nd Team!
1 comment:
I didn't know you were on the croquet team! Learm something new everyday. I hope you did well. See you in July.
Post a Comment