Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Progress Report 2

Came across the following this morning. Copied it into my dissertation notebook:

"But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. O my Strength, I sing praise to you; you, O God, are my fortress, my loving God." (Psalm 59:16-17)

Current word count: 8,188
With footnotes: 9,211
Goal: 13,500

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If my experience is anything to go by, you will start counting backwards in a couple of days:

current word count: 17,382
with footnotes: 23,179 (these can easily get chatty!)
absolute maximum word limit: 13,500

Dr. G. would certainly be delighted by the quote from Psalms. Last time I had supper in his abode, I was treated to a Hebrew psalmody of "the wife of a noble character" (Proverbs 31, 10ff.)

Anonymous said...

Keep up the progress, Laura! I prayed for you this morning as I was walking to breakfast. Glad to hear it's coming along.

Love,

Emily

Anonymous said...

Hope it keeps going well.