Monday, September 25, 2006

"I thank my God every time I remember you"

Earlier today I stepped out onto the High Street carrying a slip of yellow paper stamped with the words: "Received by Examination Schools: 11:54 AM." Thesis submitted -- with 6 minutes to spare.

I want to thank all the friends who supported me during this project. Humanly speaking, I could not have done it without you.

To those who prayed for me -- thank you

To those who cooked for me -- thank you

To those who encouraged me by e-mails, text messages, or comments on this blog -- thank you

To those who kept me laughing -- thank you

To those who helped me keep things in perspective -- thank you

To those who stayed with me through the hard times and helped me to keep going -- thank you

To those who rejoiced with me when it was all over -- thank you

You have lived this verse to me:

"Carry one another's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." (Galatians 6:2)
May God bless and keep you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I am so happy for you!

~ Sarah Lewis

Anonymous said...

something to be thankful for!! :) Well done, Laura!

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Laura! Chris has just made me lose the game, and there is indeed much to be thankful for. Now, go get some rest - it sounds like you probably need it! God bless. MW

Anonymous said...

That's fabulous, Laura! You must be so relieved to have it done. Congratulations!!!

Love,

Emily

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting it done! I bet that's a load off your mind. :-)

Anonymous said...

That was from me...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations (again!) I've just realised now thesis and exams are out of the way you have plenty of time to write a book for young Christian women...(!)