Sunday, March 25, 2007

Simple Pleasures

Since arriving back in the States on Wednesday, I haven't had a lot of energy for anything. I think it's jetlag and a term's worth of accumulated tiredness. The result is that I haven't yet done much but savour the simple pleasures of home: playing the piano, driving, Mexican food, Sunday lunch. Yesterday I got to watch Remus and James compete in a speech tournament - they were amazing! Congratulations guys -- you make me proud to be an Inglis!

Right now I'm sitting in the dining room by an open window listening to Mozart's Flute and Harp Concerto and watching a pair of cardinals in the tree outside. Spring hasn't progressed as far as in England, but it's been wonderfully warm these last few days. The daffodils are out, and I expect the DC cherry trees will bloom in the first week of April.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be nice to be back for a couple weeks and be able to just rest. I hope you enjoy it. :-)

It was great to hear your voice on the phone today. I'll see you at Easter!

George Parsons said...

Welcome back! Just dropped you an e-mail; not sure if you can pick stuff up. Hope you have a good rest and say hi to the Roes!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming to the tournament! it was fun to have you watch our speeches. ;-)

Jeremy said...

Hello, Laura, I had the pleasure of meeting you a couple of weeks ago at Stephen and Sarah Shipp's house where you were with Laurie W. I sympathize with your lethargy. I'm feeling it as well, having returned home yesterday.

Jeremy Shipp
Marietta, GA