This is an amazing hymn. I've been pondering it in small bits over the past few days:
All my hope on God is founded;
He doth still my trust renew,
Me through change and chance He guideth,
Only good and only true.
God unknown, He alone
Calls my heart to be His own.
Pride of man and earthly glory,
Sword and crown betray his trust;
What with care and toil he buildeth,
Tower and temple fall to dust.
But God's power, hour by hour,
Is my temple and my tower...
There are three more verses, all full of objective truth about God's character. This has been a weekend of ups and downs, and though I'm not good at it, this hymn has been helping me to talk to myself, instead of just listening to myself.
3 comments:
There is something so deep about the hymns, something poetic that often gets lost in the easy rhyme of the newer praise choruses. Thank you for sharing this one!
Yes, what Kelly said. I'm not familiar with that hymn; what's it called?
It's good to see your blog again. I'd misplaced it for a few months there. :-)
--Pinon Coffee, Ruhamah's friend from America
Hi Kelly and Pinon Coffee -- it's lovely to hear from you! :-)
The hymn is called "All My Hope on God is Founded."
Post a Comment