Tonight my housemate Liz had a pancake party, an English tradition for Shrove Tuesday. To speed production, we took turns cooking in pairs, practicing our flipping techniques with gusto (only one landed on the floor!)
English pancakes are very thin, like crepes, and served with lemon juice and sugar. I ensured more of these delicacies for tomorrow by accidentally misreading the scale and making the second batch three times larger than I was supposed to.
All this reminded me of when I was very small and Daddy used to make pancakes at home on Saturday mornings, listening to Brandenburg 2 and conducting with a spatula. Happy times...
1 comment:
hey those pancakes sound really good. just the sort of thing that would be awesome to have just before running out the door late to class after waking up late and not having time to get breakfast at the Caf...can you tell that that has happened to me way too many times this semester?? :-P Hope your week is going well!
Post a Comment